July 30, 2013

Chocolate Cherry Cookies


I'm sorry I've been neglecting the blog! (p.s. love me some instagram filter)


To be fair, when I wasn't working - I was trying very hard to sleep. Also to be fair, I did make lots of baked goods. They just were not so photogenic...and or boring.  But have no fear, these guys are both more photogenic and certainly not boring!


Chocolate cookies filled with almonds, dried cherries, and more chocolate! As they were coming out of the oven, I realized that these would really be absolutely perfect in the form of ice-cream sandwiches. I started with just the idea of putting dried cherries in them, but then I went kind of crazy and just kept adding in add-ins. I must say, I do not regret it.

More baking shall come! I am particularly in the mood for summer oven-not-requiring recipes so if anyone has any ideas, send them my way.

Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Adapted from: verybestbaking

2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

optional:
1/2 cup dried cherries (roughly chopped)
1/3 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325F.

Microwave your 2/3 cup chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds, mix, and then for another 10-15 seconds or until your chips give away to a melted chocolate vat of yummy. Set aside.

Cream together butter and sugars. Add in melted chocolate. Add in your egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.

In another bowl, mix together your flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Add this slowly to your chocolate mixture.

Now if you'd like (you should like) fold in your dried cherries, almonds, and additional chocolate chips. Feel free to play with the mix-ins as you like.

Bake about 1 tbsp of dough about 2 inches apart for 13-15 minutes. They spread out quite a bit so keep your first batch of cookies far away from each other just in case! They're nutty with bit of fruity bite. Really though, I might just go get some ice cream and make me some sandwiches.

Enjoy!

Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment